Reinventing a market leader leads to double-digit growth
Leading North American publisher
Challenge: Can the largest, most mature print publisher in a competitive industry with many new types of competitors transform itself to become a growth business?
To help this company transform itself, we:
- Created an 'outside-in' process to break the assumptions and internal logic formed over time, and to develop a fact-based framework from which to make decisions.
- Conducted quantitative and qualitative research and diagnostics to understand market changes and assess the company's readiness to adapt and grow.
- Tasked the executive team with assignments to present findings and make recommendations.
- Facilitated ideation and decision-making workshops to develop and finalize a new operating model, and to create long-range strategies for product, distribution, pricing and brand. A business plan summarized how the strategies would meet corporate hurdle rates for revenue, market share, and EBITDA.
- Coached leaders as operational, product, marketing and distribution (print and online) changes were executed.
As company leaders came together to assess the changing market and create a new operating model, the team developed tight alignment and energy to lead the transformation.
With the right strategy and operating model to meet a growing set of customer needs, the company met and exceeded double-digit growth and profitability targets.
Parent company CEO
“This is the bold story of a market leader. You are inventing the future, a completely new business. The intelligence and confidence you've developed individually and as a team is remarkable.”
Interested in learning more about growth strategies?
Contact Aveus partner, Chris LaVictoire Mahai. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.