Problem solved for customers to transform an organization for sustainable growth
Mid-size public products and services company
Challenge: How does the major division of a 90-year-old $1.4 billion publicly traded company facing a declining market—and integration of multiple acquisitions-- transform itself to remain competitive and plan for a sustainable future?
When a new CEO took the helm, the marketplace was undergoing unprecedented changes as the industry rapidly shifted to new technologies and substitute products. The CEO set a clear goal to transform the company for sustainable growth in a tough marketplace, but he needed to develop the necessary organizational capabilities in the company’s major division.
Aveus partnered with the CEO and leadership team to lead the division through turbulent change. We:
- Redefined the small business segment through a customer-centric lens.
- Provided interim senior leadership to guide the transformation from the inside.
- Created an organizational design that optimally integrated acquisitions for improved operating efficiency and customer experiences.
- Transformed the organization’s go-to-market strategy and marketing team to align with customer needs.
- Developed a sustainable business model for an innovative small business marketing solution.
- Identified and helped the company build the right skill sets to lead going forward.
The results include significant improvement in operating income, growth in customer acquisitions, and for the first time since Q4 2006, the division achieved revenue growth.
Speed = Increased rate of new customer acquisition > 10%, reduced time to market for new offers and solutions > 20% and improved revenue growth rate by ~ 10%
Flexibility = Built stronger competency for serving multiple/ different customer segments
Leverage = Increased marketing return on investment > 10% and improved sales return on investment > 20%
“I am really impressed by Aveus’ commitment to their clients. Their leadership, passion, and dedication to our company helped us move our largest segment forward. We improved our cost structure. We grew our revenue.” - CEO